• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just saying thanks

Superdave

I am just saying thanks to this great site and the members that contribute to it. I had to do some work on my M35A2 (first one I have ever owned) and this site made a huge savings of time and head scratching. I had to replace both front knuckle boots, Head gaskets, turned up the pump a little and other small items and with this site it made it easy. Keep up the great work everyone it is well appereciated.

Dave

Attachments

Superdave

The post pyro seems to work just fine so far and I used an autometer guage. The exhaust manifold and turbo I sand blasted and painted it with the POR15 high heat paint and has a couple hundred miles on it since it was installed and looks just like the picture, great stuff. The wheels and tires I installed on the truck came off our M104 CDN 3 trailers that I had purchased just to get the tires and the rims, the same tires and rims are on our MLVW's ( the Canadian version of the M35).

littlebob

Dave,
Great looking truck and I agree these trucks would be much more difficult to repair if it weren't for the free flow of information and advice on this site.
Feel free to donate to the site while your all excited, so the next guy can use it too. You may already be donating, but I usually do it when I get a bonus or refund or when I'm extra thankful that the great bunch here got me out of a pinch.
littlebob

Superdave

I, installed the probe in that spot because that is where the instructions for the pyrometer said to install it. When I had the manifold off I drilled and tapped it just in case I install one there later. For my next big project after I finnish off with the M135 restoration that I have been helping with over the last couple of months is a 1942 universal/bren gun carrierthat I picked up last year. I will try and get a picture of the guage cluster in the next few days.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
While y'all answer the pyro question, I'm also curious about the utility of a boost gauge. I think I understand at least a little bit about how the pyro can be used (i.e., if the exhaust is getting too hot, then back off on the pedal), but I've never quite understood what actionable information can be obtained from a boost gauge while driving.

Alex400

nf6x said:
While y'all answer the pyro question, I'm also curious about the utility of a boost gauge. I think I understand at least a little bit about how the pyro can be used (i.e., if the exhaust is getting too hot, then back off on the pedal), but I've never quite understood what actionable information can be obtained from a boost gauge while driving.
Having a boost gauge can help you guage your boost, especially so you don't over boost, which could be catastrophic. Especially helpful when you are running into higher boost levels (racing), if your wastegate sticks, you can catch before you blow the motor. High boost levels also creates more heat because it is compressing more air thus creating even more heat. If you see the boost climbing high you can expect the egt's to go up pretty quickly. The boost gauge could give you a hint to how quick the temps could be climbing before they actually do.