• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kaiser 5 Ton VIN Decode

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
VIN's of the Kaiser-Jeep 5 tons seem to follow the format of the Deuce VINs: The first 2 numbers are the "Lot", the next two are the "Chassis type", and the final 5 are the sequntial serial number starting at 10,000. ( for that lot)

My question is, do we have info on the "Lot" identifier and "Chassis type" indentifier? Such as contract dates?

So far I have found a 1965 M54A2 with lot of 54 and a 1968 M54A2 with lot of 96. Both have chassis type 25.

My new M54A2 has a lot of 95 and chassis of 25. I am trying to back into the build year. (Main data plate gone) The axles do not have a date, nor have I found the USA number.

Edit: The CARNAC report shows the truck to be a 1968. I have the VIN from the frame.

Last edited:

M813A1

Have you checked the frame near the steering gearbox for the VIN # 's Should be stamped into the frame it might be included there

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks