• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kaiser-Jeep Deuce

ajg6989

I hate referring to my deuce as made by Kaiser-Jeep everyone always puts make as Kaiser and model as Jeep no one understands. I might as well say its made by Kaiser and leave it at that.

Opie

You have my condolences. Mine's a '71 made by the Jeep Division of American Motors and even yours truly ins't sure what to call it.

n3uka

I had the same problem. Convinced MVA to list it as AM General. Sounded good at the time.
Insurance didn't care what I called it as long as the check cleared.
Attached a parking sign for you if you decide to leave it as Kaiser.

fredrader

Mine said 1970 AM General on the title and my friends (Elohim1) said 1965 Jeep Corp..We don't have a clue who the heck Jeep corp is...??? :confused: Maby one of you know and can shed some light..

n3uka

From:http://www.amgeneral.com/corporate_history.php/amSid/2a893c0bc81261b241714fa91528c90a

The origins of AM General can be traced to 1903, when the Standard Wheel Company of Terre Haute, Indiana, expanded its bicycle operation to include the Overland Automotive Division to manufacture motor vehicles

In 1908, John North Willys purchased the Overland Automotive Company

In 1963, Willys Motors was renamed the Kaiser Jeep Corporation.

In 1970, American Motors Corporation purchased the Kaiser Jeep Corporation from Kaiser Industries.

On April 1, 1971, AM General Corporation was incorporated as a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Motors Corporation and separate from the Jeep Corporation.

Hope this helps :cool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks