• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Karma and The 700R4

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, a while back I returned a favor to a friend and sent him a 700R4 tv cable bracket assy. I had an extra so it was the least I could do.

Fast foward to today, I decided to get my excercise walking the U pick yards as I preach to everyone else. Came upon a suburban someone tried to convert to an avalance. Look under the hood and there was a 6.2 looking right back at me. Made a note of the location and finished my tour. On the way out I found another location in the yard with trucks. Found yet another burb but was dissapointed to see a measly 454. I finished checking this area and stumble on yet another burb. Looked over the cowl and there sits another 6.2 staring right back at me. Made a quick exit to retrieve my toolage and returned to the yard with a mission. 30 minutes later I'm sitting in the parking lot typing a post with 2 more TV brackets in my dirty hands. Karma or God sent I don't know but I like it.

Skinny

I enjoy the fact that gearheads get satisfaction in such simplicity like finding a piece of metal in the junkyard :D

blackhueys

did you get any pics before taking them off? I see alot of questions regarding this bracket and how it goes on.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haha, have a close look at wayne pick's picture. See that sensor sticking out of the linkage bracket? I was faced with one of those today and was concerned about not having the right wrench with me. I brought everything upto 1 1/4". It was the biggest. Here's what I didn't know. The sensor is threaded into a plate that is bolted down with the linkage. When you finally remove the bolts, you can lift the thing right off. I then removed the sensor on the core support by bolting on of the ears of the plate down. I know the pick a part guys would have charged much more if they saw a sensor on the linkage. Some models (the other one I removed) have a contactor back there that looks to be in the way. Again, unbolt the linkage and it will fall out of the way.

Whitfield

Nice Find!!!!

I spent 6 hrs walking 2 yards ~ No 6.2L but I did find a 6.5L non turbo (2500 2wd State truck) and from it got a fat stash of pre made fuseable links.

wayne pick

Hea guys. The engine is original to the truck, a 1986 M1031. The PO did the 700R4 conversion. I have no idea how he sourced the TV bracket, but I do know it is the standard bracket for the 6.2-700R4.