• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kicking myself.....

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WAAAAAYYYYY back in 1993 when I was in the Marine Corps, I was looking around the lemon lot one day and came across a 1979 M880. Didn't know or care much that it was a military truck, just loved the price: $800.00. Bought it but was getting out and couldn't have it shipped home (I was stationed in Hawaii), so I gave it to a buddy. Had some great pics, but they were lost in a car fire in 1994. Wish I had kept it..... :(

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can find cars there from people who either just want to sell them b/c they are getting a new car or people who are being transferred and cannot take them with them. I saw a 60's model Camaro convertable for $2,500.00 As a L/Cpl in the Marines, that may as well have been 25k, but ohh the dreams I had....

pa.rich

A friend of mine died back in '75 and his fam offered me his '63 Vette for 2000. I had just bought my first house and was engaged and just started my own masonry business. I was broke. I still think about that car. My future wife was more important, and still is.

nattieleather

If she is still the future wife don't you think you should get married already...lol.

I started my own business 4 years ago and thought it is starting to get finially off the ground I'm still broke...so I understand what your saying.