• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

kill switch

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let's start with a few basics.

You need your state listed in your location.

You need to use capitalization.

You need to explain what your trying to "kill".

CycleJay

Doghead,

I take it he wants to hide a switch somewhere in his vehicle,
to prevent anyone unauthorized from starting his vehicle.

Especially since most CUCV's use the same key..

A kill switch is a typical part in most car alarms these days anyway.

Good day,

CJ

Vet89

Doghead used to be the diplomat to Augbachistan - but he became angry at the typos in their memos and wiped them off the map. Thus, Augbachistan is rarely spoken of anymore.

Last edited:

Psywarrior

You can install a standard alarm system in a CUCV with a kill switch. You can also hide a kill switch by going into the harness for the ignition switch and and installing a Open/closed switch to the red wire.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The question appears to be asking how to add a toggle switch as an added "starter disable switch", while wiring in a new"DH relay". If that is the question, then the answer is yes, simply wire a switch in line with either the black wire or the purple with white wire(either small wire).

I had not answered yet, because the OP did not reply with a better explanation of what he wants. The word "kill" normally is associated with shutting off the ignition/engine, but he was asking about the DH relay mod, which is about the starter relay, not the ignition circuit.

Last edited:

tequilaiam

FWIW, I was going to put one in line with the fuel cutoff solenoid (pink wire on IP). That may be obvious to theives unless the switch is somewhere so hard to reach that I'd likely never use it though.

What I ended up doing was installing a circuit breaker inline between the +12V side of the batteries and the +12V post. It's the wire that burnt up whe the previous owner lost his starter relay. When I park it and leave it, I open that breaker and there's no power to anything in the cab. If its broken while the truck is running, the alternators are still providing power so there's no risk of sudden loss of braking or steering. Plus, it avoids the PITA of trying to remake a fusible link.

I can't recall the manufacturer, it's something that was getting tossed at work. Its about 45A and waterproof.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update? Did we all guess right? Throw us a bone here.

I wonder how many threads we answer, with no reply/answer/update, in a year. Add that up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks