• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

killing my batteries

itsunday25

k i have a cucv m1010 and if i drive it with the lights off it will not kill the batteries all day it will start with no problum it i turn the light on and drive 10 miles and when i turn it off the truck is dead the volt meter reads in the green and when i turn the light it will drop just a littel at ide i am geting tired of the truck and if no one can help me figer it out i am taking it to the junk yard.

hoop

I can't help you other than to say I have a nice green junk yard that would accept the 1010.;)

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
k i have a cucv m1010 and if i drive it with the lights off it will not kill the batteries all day it will start with no problum it i turn the light on and drive 10 miles and when i turn it off the truck is dead the volt meter reads in the green and when i turn the light it will drop just a littel at ide i am geting tired of the truck and if no one can help me figer it out i am taking it to the junk yard.

Is that what that meant?
He is taking it to the yard.
No user "k" here.

-> O.P. : Can you correct that message, re-send and stand by?

In the meantime, use a digital meter if you have one, and with the truck having run for 10 min. or so, check the 14V at the batteries with:

1. lights off
2. lights on

And report the readings. this is the key to finding the trouble.

Last edited:

OL AG '89

I would gladly take it off your hand if that is the ONLY thing wong wit it.....

sunday25 what does the light look like when its on.... boths lights on make a difference?

is it WHITE light or BLUE light.... could be a problem with the accumulator switch near the rear battery switch.......
I'm thinking its OP error....
anybody else??

check voltage at both alternators running and not running, check voltage at both batteries running ang not running

Oh yea the TM has all the CORRECT procedures to diagnose and correct electrical issues........

did you check the cigarette lighter voltage?

JAsher45

I have looked at alot of your posts on here and it seems that you have all sorts of electrical grimlins on your truck. these trucks are very simple and basic... take your time READ the TM's they will tell you all you need to know

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks