• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Knockout in grill shell

pigpen60

I am currently trying to change my RED m35a2 to flat black which is easier on my eyes. Well sanding off the multiple layers of paint I found a for lack of a better term, a knockout about 3" diameter on the left (drivers) side of the grill shell about the same level as the turn signal. Any ideas what its for?

Perhaps he means these. On my early M35, I have two holes, one on either side of the grill. The on on the passenger side is covered by a small grill. The one on the driver's side looks like it had a cover or cutout / knockout that was removed. Now it's just a hole.

Attachments

rustystud

Perhaps he means these. On my early M35, I have two holes, one on either side of the grill. The on on the passenger side is covered by a small grill. The one on the driver's side looks like it had a cover or cutout / knockout that was removed. Now it's just a hole.
You could be right. Those holes where for the horn (right side) and black-out light (left side) .

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen the heater intake plumbed to that hole on several trucks. Some also have a intake scoop also.

41cl8m5

I'm not 100% sure but I think the lower knock out hole is part of the driver's side headlight assembly and on the newer trucks the knock out is not there. The side engine cover panel on the older trucks did not have the knock out while the newer ones did, so it looks like you got a mix of both. Now the intake part is different for each location and not interchangeable. The only pita that the operator has to deal with if the heater kit is installed and the intact is used with the side panel is when the panel is lowered the hose can cause the panel either not to lower completely or will come off because the hose was never ment to be twisted it that fashion. Having the intake in the lower position is a better design but it requires having more length of hose.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks