• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kwai's smurfy tractor

oilcan

Kwai finally got a chance to come up and check out his really blue M275 today after waiting for months trying to arrange transportation. We went over it a bit, and even though it still doesn't have working brakes he couldn't resist taking it for a spin around the lot.

I'm told the current plan is to get it fully operational and drive it the 1200 or so miles back to the big state of Texas. Maybe with a trailer for the M726. I'm not sure I could survive a trip that long with a whistler.

Note to Steve; when you do a walk-around, DUCK! Those mirrors hurt...

Attachments

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Kwai

Kwai needs to come get his stuff in the great state of New Mexico.......... ;)

Had many inquires about M109 parts and 101 trailer tires......

oilcan

And five or more other states. That kook has trucks and gear all over the country!

I don't know how many times I had to say "I don't think that tractor is for sale."

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Kwai, wanna see pics of your truck from when it was released from the govt? Hope so 'cause here's a pic! Yep it came from MN. I bid on this one and the sister truck to no avail! Does it still have the red and white seats?

Attachments

Kwai

Well, actually it's now up to 6 states (TX, NM, OK, La, Oh and Pa). 7 different locations in Tx alone. Hey, it's a big state. :oops:

Kwai

Still has the red/white seats. Actually, the bodywork seems to be in really good shape and the paint looks good even if it is blue. It has a camo paint scheme in it's future.
Mechanically, I think it might have some drive train issues besides the brakes. Came with an extra t-case.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I've got a few more pics from the GL listing if you want them for any documentation.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter

This smiley is supposed to be drooling ------> :drool:

Please do not mistake it for what it really looks like!

I like that truck! I understand the camo desire, but it doesn't look bad as is!

I'm really into these 2 1/2 ton tractors!!

:drool:

nattieleather

Well that explains why you haven't called me... :) Heck if your this close why don't you stop by..... :)

Nice looking truck...now you need a lowboy so you can haul more trucks! Getting your own motorpool I see.

saddamsnightmare

March 28th, 2008.

KWAI's truck doesn't look that bad for an AF truck, the MNG bicentennial paint was a little different also, so I can pretty much guess that this was their stealth scheme for July 4th PArades? You will want to duck, the mirrors have a habit of letting you know there're there (Don't ask me how I know, just let's say I walk further out from the truck now!), but the problem with a deuce tractor is you now need a deuce trailer to go with it.. ANYONE seen the ERDLATOR for sale on EBAY?? I'll bet David Doyle's just :drool:drool: :drool: ing over that one. You'd really need an antique plate for it, because where are you going to drive a portable water plant to (Other then Natural Disasters)? Good luck on your new truck, in whatever paint scheme it ends up in...

Regards,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser-Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Truck
""??"" Johnson Mfg. Co. M105A2 Trailer, Cargo, 1-1/2 ton from the OK.N.G. Merdc or NATO Woodland paint
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog S404.114, Mercedes Benz. :p :p :p :beer: :popcorn:

Barrman

Looks like I will be getting another phone call that goes like this:

Me:Hello

Kwai: Hey, you want to fly to (Fill in the city here) and spend the rest of the weekend driving a M(Fill in a number here) back to Houston? We will also be stopping at (Fill in a MV event or parts place here) to look at stuff. Oh, there will also be a M(Fill in another M number here) we are going to drag, tow, drive or somehow bring with us.

Me: Sure, just tell me a few weeks in advance.

Kwai: Ok, I will call you later.

The next phone call normally has more M numbers and stops in it. That is how the trip to the GA Rally started last year.

Just having some fun Steve. Give me a call if you need help.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Today, I shook the hand of the man that owns the Smurfy tractor!

Kwai's alright by me!

(I'm torn between the Smurfy tractor, and the Miltrucks deuce).

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Re: RE: Kwai

oifvet said:
(I'm torn between the Smurfy tractor, and the Miltrucks deuce).
Are you kidding me? No offense Kwai, but Eric's tractor is MUCH nicer. Granted this used to be Eric's tractor too, but now it isn't. I like them both, but if I were to use one, I'd choose the green one.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Kwai

Eric's buid is a :grd: truck! No doubt!

The Smurf is "relaxed."

I have to admit, I like the (old) red, white and blue paint scheme. It would pull a parade (float) trailer quite nicely!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks