• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

label on fuel filter to use diesel only?

JeremiahS

so i went through my new m35a2 today, and saw a warning label on the fuel filters. Said that something had been bypassed and to use diesel fuel only. Said something about directions to convert it back over to use alternative fuel during an emergency. No directions evident, and I can't remember exactly what it said had been bypassed or changed. Previous owner said he has been using 80/20 wmo/diesel mix, and that is what is in the tank. seems to run fine. any ideas? I don't really want to ruin anything on this truck if i can avoid it. Truck seems to run fine, seems underpowered, but it seems that they just are.
Any advice is appreciated

Might try to take a pic of the label tomorrow. I keep getting server errors when I try to search forums w all the words i need.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The viscosity compensator was bypassed. The truck should still run fine. Sometimes the viscosity compensator will leak fuel into the crankcase, and now it can't happen.

DieselBob

As glcaines indicated the label refers to Fuel Density Compensator, In the red circle, It was used to control maximum fuel delivery depending on the type of fuel being used. I have the same warning on mine.

Attachments

197thhhc

No big deal. glcaines is right. The FDC is bypassed. I leave them bypassed and still run WMO no problems.

130 horsepower pulling 13,000 + pounds. They are all under powered. But you didn't buy it to drag race did you?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
**** man, your out there. One of these days were gonna have to have you make it to one of the gatherings out at Kips farm. Its not too far past Zanesville off 22.

JeremiahS

Thank you all. Glad to hear that I wont be doing any damage.

gimpyrob, if that comment was directed towards me, I would take every opportunity I could to get together w some deuce owners. Been a bonefied dreamer since I realized that these trucks existed, and that I could buy one. And considering that they are barely more than what they are worth in scrap, I've been sold since day one.

Motorcar

My truck had the same stickers as the photo from Diesel Bob's picture ( although not as clean as Bob's ) and yet my FDC was NOT bypassed. I got an oil analisys test kit from NAPA ( part # 4077 ) and took a sample when I changed the oil. Found out I had a fuel dillution issue in the oil...so, research "Bypass FDC" here in the search function to determine if yours actually is bypassed. There are some great threads with photos showing all you need to know on the subject.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, I know. Was just a joke; found it funny when the OP said fuel fillters - never seen any decals on those...:)

G.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks