• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lansing Michigan Sept 20th 2012

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a vehicle request I received in an email through ****** / *** *********. I checked with Chris Schmidt prior to posting this and he welcomed the posting. I am working second shift right now so I can't make it.
My name is Chris Schmidt, USNA 95, I work for the Volunteers of America Michigan and we will be holding an event in Lansing MI, where we will be honoring a WWII Veteran by the name of John Demmer. John Demmer was a Warrant Officer in the 557 tank maintenance company. The volunteers of America Michigan will be giving him an appreciation award as well as, he will receive the Patron of the Armor award. I have been trying, with very little luck, to find a local group or club who might have some vintage equipment we could display during this event. It will be held in Lansing MI on Sept 20th from 5:00 to 7:30pm. We could use anything from vehicles to squad level gear or equipment. If you know of anyone in this area who might be able to help it would be greatly appreciated. The vehicle display areas will be outside so weather should be considered. John saw significant action in Europe so I would like to keep the displays to American items.
The Volunteers of America is the largest private provider of services to Homeless Veterans in the nation, as well as Michigan. This event is geared to honor John Demmer as well as raise funds for our veterans programs.

Thanks for your assistance,

Chris
ABSOLUTELY!!! That would be great. My contact # ***-***-**** to coordinate times and locations. Thanks.

C. Norm Schmidt

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks