• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDS-465-1A in a gov M35A2???

Sephirothq

I don't know if i am allowed to post links or not, to a GL sale. But there is currently an M35A2 on there and it has the LDS-465-1A listed as the engine? I know some guys have swapped them out, but did they ever do that in the gov system?? If I am allowed to post the link to the sale let me know and i will do so.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Yes, the army installed some LDS-465 in deuces. This is because the EPA prevented the continued production of the Multifuel engine, forcing the army to use there existing stock of engines for repairs and rebuilds. However, when installed in the deuce, the LDS had its IP settings reset to the same as the LDT, so there is no additional power available.

PM me with a link to the sale please, I'd like to see it.

Regards,
David

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: LDS-465-1A in a gov M35A2???

DDoyle said:
...... This is because the EPA prevented the continued production of the Multifuel engine,.....
David
Hi David, do you have any reference to this for us mortals to see, thanks? :)

I'd like to see the reason(s) by the numbers....

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a multi-fuel engine from GL one time and it was listed as a LDS but when I got there to pick it up it was a LDT. So the listing may be wrong. I even saw a add in MVM for GL that said " M35a2 with Cummins 6 cyl. engine for auction" but you could clearly see from the pics it was a multi-fuel.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
picture of the data plate on the side of the motor. The m35 I have sitting at Stretch's place has one too.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sephirothq said:
How can you tell the difference from a picture?
If you're talking about the difference in a muli-fuel and Cummins It's a big difference. If you see two side by side you will know what I mean. One thing that comes to mind other than size and general appearance is the Cummins doesn't have any visible injector lines or injectors if It's an 855cid. It's all under the head on the Cummins. There was rumor of some prototype M35s with Cummins but as far as I know they were never in production.

As for a LDS or LDT I don't know as you can tell the difference without looking at the data plate but there may be some others here with more knowledge than me that can tell.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks