• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lds-465

Lee Alessi

is 2500 considered fair, or average? or is that a steal? its rebuilt in the crate...

now my other question is for the few of you who have done it, is it literally a "bolt in" affair?

im looking at a lds-465 in the crate and/or a ldt-465-1d in the crate.

the lds im looking at supposedly has a power steering pump on it, is that correct???

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Correct on the PS pump. Bolts on right in front of the injection pump. Its not exactly a drop in but it's not that difficult. Need to turn the oil pan around and change the pickup location. Also need to use the bellhousing off the deuce I think. Same basic block so you should have all you need as long as your current trucks is complete. I don't think you could beat the $2500 price. Sure, there have been folks who have picked up a fresh engine from the gov't for $50 but face it, $2500 is a good price for any rebuilt long block much less a complete engine.

DUUANE

BEFORE YOU PAY $$$

call jack tomlin http://www.jtomlin.com

.he quoted me a way better price than $2500.fresh rebuilt in the can ldt465-1c.he'll be able to tell you what fits too.he and his wife jean are nice folks too.but call rather than e-mail.

good luck