• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDS engine stalls at low speed or take off.

docharley

My LDS engine stalls and shuts down when I try to get moving. If I up the idle the engine runs rough sounds like it developes a miss. Engine runs sluggish at speed and seems to be laboring. Anyone have any ideas. I am thinking fuel filters maybe?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, if you are starting to trouble shoot, start with the filters. There is a very good TM "lds troubleshooting", you should look for it.

docharley

I am goiing to replace the filters in the AM. Looks like it is going to be a challenge doing it by myself by where the filters are located. What is really concerning me is the miss that is present. Hoping that it clears up when the IP receives the proper fuel flow.

Thanks. Will download the manuals as well.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well I am going to imagine you have a deuce, so the Primary (napa3511) is under the alternator on the pass side. The secondary and final filters (both napa3512) is on the side of the block behind(toward firewall) the oil filters. Have you checked the brakes and master cylinder out first?

I have a mechanic buddy that says, "you don't have to GO- but you HAVE to STOP".
Seems pertinent since you are trying to GO. :)

Flyingvan911

How long have you had your truck? When was the last time the fuel filters were changed? The fuel filters make a big difference on the deuces. Do you have a fuel leak? That can push fuel out of the lines and not into the injectors or suck in air and push air through the injectors.

docharley

Changed all of the filters. Primed and cranked engine. Still the same problem. Not as bad, But still the same problem. Cracked the fuel lines with the truck running at each injector. Fuel is making it there under pressure. I have a pronounced miss in one of the cylinders. Not getting a load of blow by in the crank case. Small amount. Onto what from here? Valves?

dittle

What are you running for fuel? Lots of threads on here asking questions about power loss only to find out that instead of running straight diesel people are talking about running all sorts of mixed stuff in their tank. Troubleshooting a diesel problem versus a mixed fuel problem is a whole different ball game.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks