• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDT 465 (C) Injector Pump

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I need to tear into my IP to see why I am leaking from where the lines go into the top (it may also be putting fuel into the crankcase). Can anyone point me to a tm that has an exploded diagram of the pump and/or torque specs for when I start putting it back together? Got any tips or tricks you have picked up over the years?

Thanks

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joel, one manual is the TM 9-2910-226-35.

How many lines are leaking? The ferrules on the steel lines may be the problem, try checking the tightness. You may need to replace the lines with a fresh set.

For possible fuel in the crankcase, send a sample off for analysis.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joel there are two O-rings that you may have to replace. They are part of the IP rebuild kit and "all" you have to do is lift the head off to gain access. Actually not too bad a job.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I have all the lines removed and the 4 nuts... It will "wiggle" but I can't get it off (afraid I'll break something made of unobtanium)

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes Joel. You have to remove the fuel cut off mechanism cover and line up the red tooth with the arrow then visible.
Do that by turning the drive shaft between the transmission and transfer.

jasonjc

NO it will trun by hand ues a pry bar or some thing to trun the shaft between the tran and trfer put trans in grear and take trafer out of graer

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
8) Thanks guys!
I got it buttoned back up, the leak is gone, and it started right up :D

While I was working on it it was very obvious that the lines to cyls 4,5,6 were older. Makes me want to round up a replacement set to have on hand. Does anyone have any leads on new lines for the injectors?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I got it buttoned back up, the leak is gone, and it started right up
So that means you are going to go to the Ga MVPA meet this Saturday with RDM, Ryan and myself now, eh?

:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks