• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaking axle boot

XJChief

Got a little fluid leaking out of my front axle boot. Since I'm new to the deuce I'm wondering if this means the axle seals are bad too. Any suggestions?

acetomatoco

Yup, the oil is supposed to stay in the pumpkin.. the inner axle seal is not a 5 minute job...check that vent... ACE

houdel

Fluid or grease? If fluid (as in axle lube) then you need a seal replacement. If it is just grease, it may be the inner clamp was installed wrong (as mine was when I picked it up from GL) and you just need to reseat the inner clamp. It took me three tries before I finally figured out (with help from this forum) that the inner clamp MUST be installed at the TOP of the axle housing. The illustration in the TM shows the inner clamp installed toward the FRONT of the axle housing. If you install it that way, the knuckle will hit the clamp on a hard turn and knock the entire clamp and inner boot out of it's groove, causing a grease leak.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks