• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

leaking brakes again. need some fast help

84cucv1ton

friends is about 2 1/2 hours away from home in NJ. hes at a hotel for the night. has a m1008 with 40k on it.

on the second pic where the rod goes into the back of it. not to sure what its even called. its leaking from where the rod goes in. i have that one in the pics for my fathers m1031 thats doing the same thing. he has a 454, 350 some other small stuff in the bed. 3 sets of 1 ton axles, few th400 and transfer cases on a trailer. not sure what it adds up to, but i would think its pretty good weight.

he said when he hits the brakes, it stops but its not as firm as it was before.

So will it be OK for him to drive the rest of the way home? im thinking this is to much of a chance.

let me know mike thanks

Attachments

CCATLETT1984

Thats the bydroboost, Should be fine for hime to get home with, just give plenty of distance between him and the vehicle ahead of him.even if that fails he will have brakes, just no power brakes (really stiff pedal).

84cucv1ton

no problem, your busy like everyone else. i know where there is a pretty damn nice m1009 sitting. its a old friends truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks