• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

leaking brakes

84cucv1ton

on my fathers m1031 there was a few drips under the break pedal when i jumped in to move it. where the rod goes in is wet.

so do i need a hydroboost? i think its called. can it be rebuilt?

this will cause the breaks to fail??

thanks

jj

Well, before you panic, decide what fluid is leaking. If it is under the brake pedal in the cab of the truck it might not be brake fluid. It probably isn't. There is a long path to travel from the nearest brake fluid source on the master cylinder to the cab floor beneath the brake pedal. Most likely you are looking at power steering fluid from the hydroboost mechanism. My civvy 1-ton has had just such a leak on both sides of the firewall where the pedal linkage passes through. Has been for most of the twenty-plus (TWENTY-PLUS!) years i've owned the truck. Probably haven't used two quarts of oil to keep up with the losses in that time. And never had any kind of iffy or scary experiences with this trucks brakes. Well except for that time going down that VERY steep hill to buy a christmas tree and the rusted rotted steel line on the real axle burst. But that is a WHOLE other story.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks