• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

leaking diff M1009

Hasdrubal

Last September I had my axle seals replaced as they were both leaking, so cover was off and new fluid installed. Now I have a little leak showing from one of the lower diff cover bolts. A guy I spoke to told me to remove it part way withought taking it right out, cleaning the bolt and using "the right stuff" tighten it back up. Anyone hear of this fix? Or wiil I have to drain diff remove cover and seal everything >

Westech

CPL
well the correct way is to take off the cover and clean it all up and install a new paper gasket with a light coat of RTV and sealer on the bolts...... but it could work. Really I would try it. only thing could happen is have to do it the right way if that did not work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks