• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

leaking injector

2deuce

I found this out while testing my trans cooler. The injector doesn't leak at idle but does at full throttle. I checked the return lines and tightened the main line connection without any success. I found the leak immediately after a hard run. It stops when idling so I cant see where its coming from, just where it has been dripping on the manifold. The truck runs fine with the leak. I'm thinking I need a new injector, but are the return lines subject to a higher pressure above idle? Wanted to check here before I change out the injector.
Thanks

2deuce

Looking where its been leaking appears to be around the return lines or about the middle of the injector. I don't have a socket to tighten the injector. I replaced all my injectors recently with these newer ones with a borrowed socket, which I need to borrow again. I put in new washers at that time. I did tighten the supply line connection to where its real tight, that is 3/4. It could still be a return line leaking. How much fuel flows thru the return line at idle as opposed to half throttle? The leak stops at idle, but drips fast going down the road to where theres a cloud of vapor evaporating off the hot manifold. A high risk of fire, I think. I don't know the combustion point of diesel. I drove it today 4 miles knowing full well it was leaking. I don't think I'll take any chances tomorrow, I'll get a ride to work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks