• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaking IP.. And More!

derby

Ok ,I know it has ben gone over before.But I can't find it. I have an IP that apears to be leaking from the 12 point plug in the hydraulic head.A little info..It will not leak at idle or high idle,only under load.it has good power in 1st thru 3rd. 4th is a struggle to 5th.about now the fuel is being sprayed all over the side and under truck from the fan.it is hard to start in cool weather.It idles at 800 and is a little rough.I installed this pump(this could be the problem) the pump that was on it would not idle and was imposable to start without ether and the governor never kicked in.it also smoked black like an old train.despite it looking brand new I pulled it.so at idle it has about 40-45 lbs fuel pressure at filters.on a less than reliable gauge.This is all I know.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
that plug does not use any seal and must be torqued to specs (given on the label on side of ip head) sounds like you need a new ip head. consider having yours rebuilt. don't pull the whole pump, just the head.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
White is unburned fuel, as in airiated, timing, low cyl pressures. Black indicates not enough air to complete the combustion process, like excessive fuel delivery, poor atomization, air starvation...no blades on the turbo, turbo not turning, a severely plugged filter. 2cents

derby

Well the air filter is new,the turbo has a loud whistle so i assume it is turning.I am going to pull an injector nozzle,and re torq the plug. If I had a bad injector would that cause a leak in the head?

derby

I will be needing a new Hydraulic head,I checked the torq on the plug and it seemed loose so I backed it out and it is toast.also I pulled a nozzle, it looks bad.The end is kind of pitted and one hole is plugged.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks