• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaking lift pump

Hasdrubal

I replaced the lift pump on my M1009 on 12/2005. Today I noticed a leak underneath that I thought was coolant. On closer inspection it is diesel fuel. Traced it to the lift pump. Its not coming from any of the fuel lines but seems to be coming out of the lower most edge of the pump. It is a pressed together unit. I'll asssume it has failed and needs replacing as I'm sure its soon to lose prime. Is this common? Anyone else have this failure?

armytruck63

My dad just had the same thing happen on his '80 Toyota Land Cruiser (gas engine). It too was a crimped together fuel pump. I don't know how common this is, but it does happen. My dad had to bite the bullet and buy a new fuel pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks