• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaking Wheels

USDragoon

Hi Folks.
I’m in need of replacing my front seals and one rear hub seal. All are leaking. This is for a 1971 M35A2.
One of the advertisers on this site (OD Iron) sells a “master kit front axle” & “master kit rear axle”. Is this the way to go, or is there other things I’ll need or don’t need? I must admit that the prices and my lack of wrench experience scare me.
I have the TM’s to reference stuff to. I’m just not much of a mechanic, so any advice would be helpful
Randy
Westcliffe, Colorado

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That thread is spectacular-it is one of the most informative and easily understood "how-to" threads on the site.

I buy a lot from OD Iron. Their prices are occasionally higher, but Mike's service is outstanding. he knows the product, you can order online and his stuff is all new. I have bought "new" seals from vendors before and gotten 40 year old NOS seals. Sure, they are new, but 40 years old.

Don't be scared of the seals-the job is easy, hardest part is getting the bearing preload correct and there are plenty of threads on the site covering that topic.

If I were gonna go in there, I'd go ahead and do brake shoes unless they are brand new and I'd at least rebuild the wheel cylinders. That way, you don't have to go back in for quite awhile.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks