• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED light bar with folding windshield

Apex02

Ive been searching all over to find an LED light bar(or a couple led flood lights)for my m998a1 that will still allow me to fold down the windshield when driving. this will mainly be used as a ranch/quail hunting vehicle so the ability to fold down the windshield is appealing. anyone have any ideas?

Bravojmc

It would be easy to make one from L shaped aluminum attached to the windshield frame on the front, so it would go up past the top and back over the top of the windshield. Then mount a straight led bar on top...
Or just mount here and not worry about the windshield mount
IMG_8275.jpg

Last edited:

Action

The 2 snubbers at the top of the windshield stick out a couple inches. You can just about mount anything on the w/s frame that doesn't stick out past the end of the snubbers. Then, when the frame is folded down, the snubbers hit the hood first.

NormB

I installed this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UESXQ8Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just above the winch on the winch/bumper plate. Brush guard clears by about 1" no problem. Light may be a little low for your needs, but you could always make a bracket and bolt it onto the windshield frame so it (they, or one of the longer ones) is out of the way, or use truck flood lamps bolted to an "L" bracket (it'll need a pair of rivnuts each) holding the lights ABOVE the frame/rooftop.

I don't have access to my pictures right now to show how I mounted it (drilled two 5/16 holes, IIRC) after testing fit/placement with c-clamps.

Apex02

How effective are those 2 flood lights in the grill? Are those the mrap flood lights I've seen on ebay?

Bravojmc

How effective are those 2 flood lights in the grill? Are those the mrap flood lights I've seen on ebay?
They are copy's of ARB lights. They are VERY BRIGHT!

Truck-lite LED headlights on low beam.
IMG_8451.jpg
9" LED lights and the lights need adjusted up still.
IMG_8452.jpg
Picture does not do it justice!

Last edited:

DLJIII

IMG_20170730_013633_581.jpg My light bar is not a driving light its an 911E or EP arrow stick but, it does not get in the way when I had the windshield folded down. It is only an inch or inch and a half deep and I believe you can order any color and color combo you like. Patterns are built right into the light but you can hardwire them to a certain pattern or steady. I wired my pattern for full flash and then the old rotator style pattern which looks pretty cool compared to the more modern patterns. If you cant find an all white color, you can find a local shop to change out the LED heads, they are the micro older gen leds so they are cheaper to buy and easy to replace. I replaced four of the twelve in my lightbar, there were two pairs of red on the right and two pair of blue when i pulled it out of my old cruiser. So, it can be done and cheaply. I bet these previous models of 911 lights are cheaper than they were new now that they are technically out of date. Just an idea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks