• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED lights on Trailer

63C20

I couldn't figure exactly where to post this question, please move it if necessary. I picked up an M1101 HMMWV trailer in pretty nice shape, none of that pesky corrosion that we all know and love, what being aluminum and all. The LED lights light up like a Christmas tree behind the Deuce, which helps with that not being rear ended thing. My question is: Will the LED lights work on a 12V system if I wire it appropriately in order to I tow it with my pick-up ? Or am I stuck with add-on trailer lights ? Thanks

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If they are the omni-volt lights, they will work from 10-30v. Unbolt one and see what it says on the back.

SLOrazorsedge

Yup, they sure will work. I pull my M1102 with Trucklite LEDS behind my F250 Super Duty and my M923A1. I wired in a military trailer plug next to my 7 pin plug on my F250. I acquired the military trailer receptacle from Erik's Military Surplus online. Just make sure all your clearance lights are LED too.