• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leesburg, GA Christmas Parade

sandcobra164

Folks, Thankfully it is that time of year again. I've got to turn in my entry for the Leesburg, GA, Spirit of Christmas Parade by the 15th of November. The event is for the 5th of December and so far I've got 4 M35A2's and an M1028. I might get lucky and get a detail of National Guardsmen from my local unit as I did last year to walk around the trucks. That really brought the crowd to life last year as this is a very Pro-Military community. Line up is usually at 0900 and the Parade usually starts at 10. It's a rather short Parade route but the whopping and cheering from the crowd as the Military Trucks roll through makes the trip worth it. Last year, my local guardsmen were giving out patches from their uniforms to the kids and the response was overwhelming. My wife driving Sarge nearly wept and barely held it together. Of course, this community lost one of our own a few years back in 2012 named LCpl Steve Sutton so they truly love their boy's in Uniform. Please let me know if you're local and would like to attend by the 15th. Here are some pictures of the past few years.

Respectfully,
Joseph

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I normally don't (well...never have) put MV's in a Christmas parade but I'm going to make an exception in this case if you would like.

You, Atomic and a couple of others travel to Columbus to help us out when we need it so I feel like it's time we head South East and help the SE CAMO Detachment out on a mission.

If you want, you can add Proud American to your Battle Roster. We can probably drive her down on Friday evening and I'll tow the camper down with the dually and we will just have at it.

sandcobra164

PB,
I would love for Proud American to be in the Parade. Do I need to have a Shore Power hookup and wiring installed for the camper? I'll try to be a gracious host. I can even come get the truck the weekend before if that helps. Tony can still drive along with Bear in the Parade!

sandcobra164

Coming this Saturday!!! So far, 3 Deuces, an M923 and an M54A1 Gun Truck are scheduled to be in attendance. Line up is at 0900 in front of the High School in Leesburg. Roll out from my front yard is 0830. Lunch afterward at Longhorn Steakhouse with room to park MV's and Tractor Trailers. Looking forward to see if anyone else can come on short notice but if not, look forward for the pictures that will soon be posted here.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I tried to call you about 30 minutes ago. Due to work schedules we can't come down Friday evening.

We will leave the hooch about 06:00hrs Saturday to make the lineup.

I need an address so we can plug it into the GPS and just come straight to some where safe to leave the tractor/trailer and drive Proud American on to the parade line up AO.

sandcobra164

PB,
Type in 1 Trojan Way, Leesburg, GA, 31763. You'll have to park in the high school bus parking lot. I got approval last year and will do the same this year. I you want to stay closer to my house, you can plug in 915 Middle Road South which is the place that we discussed earlier. I got approval today and you could avoid some of the traffic if that sounds better. The bus parking lot is asphalt, the other address is dirt but it's very hardpacked from all of the heavy equipment that they use. No worries about sinking on either property.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
We're loaded and ready to rock.

Plan on leaving the "Hooch" around 06:00 so we should be there between 08-08:30hrs easy.

I think we may try to occupy an ORP at the Middle Road AO and drive Proud American in from there.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well we got down to Leesburg, GA. early this morning and met up with the South GA CAMO Detachment with no problems.:D

Things were well organized and everyone was super nice to us and helped us find our place in the lineup and all there was to do was socialize so we did until the Christmas Parade started.

I was amazed at the number of people that turned out!! According to my Google search, the population of Leesburg is around 3,000...give or take a few. Evidently, they ALL were in attendance and even brought some friends!![thumbzup]

I honestly believe there were nearly as many folks at this parade in this small town as we had in Columbus, GA. which has a population of around 200,000 for Veterans Day.:goodjob:

Anyhoo, a good time was had by all and I just wanted to post a couple of pics. Maybe someone else will post a few as well:

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks