• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Length from front w/w to rear axle

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How long is the trailer or truck bed that you are tring to load it on?

foothill4play

So the rear bed is only 8 inches past the center of the rear tire.... Hmm that's not right. It's 278.25 inches long, how Can it be 270 inches from front bumper 2 the rear tire???? The wheelbase is 178, center front axle to center rear axle, so I need to know from the tip of the front bumper, to the center of the front wheel......that plus 178 should tell me...

The tow company want to put it On the rollback....I think I won't have to fold the windshield and remove the exhaust pipe to keep it lower than 14ft....its got 1100x20 tires...102inches to the tip of the stack, plus xtra 5 inches for 1100 tires...as long as his deck isn't taller than 5 ft, I'll be ok.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It will fit on a 25' rollback bed, I have done that. The measurements should be in a TM. Look for one that says Transportability or something like that. If I didn't have the flu, I'd go out and measure one for you. It's 23 degrees here.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now, the 178 wheel base is from the center of the front axle to the center between the rears, are you using that measurement?

foothill4play

Now, the 178 wheel base is from the center of the front axle to the center between the rears, are you using that measurement?

I believe you are mistaken, see attached....thanks for your help though
Please correct me if I'm wrong....

Please see the referenced TM in previous post and Page 20. Has 158" to front axle to between the rears... 53" from front axle to front bumper....178" front axle center to rear axle center

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stand corrected! You would think that I would know the deuce wb as I described was 154" Duh!

foothill4play

As much knowwledge as I've seen you give to me and others, and the admit to being mistaken....HONORS.....I've learned from your postings a lot.... wow, sound like I'm kissing up....lol... How bout a simple ....no biggie.... and thanks....

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, I'm making a note about this mistake on your permanent record.:p

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No choice about admitting it, I was dead wrong. The sad thing is i know the 3 deuce wheel bases are 142", 154" and 190". I had a human error! LOL. Thanks Eric for making sure I get credit where credit is due! Now I'm going back to RTFM.