• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Let the fun begin....

Coriolis2K

Exactly 2 weeks from the date I submitted the EUC I received my notification of approval.

Looking forward to heading out to Sparta next week to pick-up my new
(to me) 1971 M35A2 w/w.

Went out earlier this week to look it over and get a general idea of road worthness and feel with new batteries it should be GTG. I used the "Systematic Inspection Procedure for the 2 1/2 Ton Truck" GTA#9-1-185(1-8) as a guide, as this is my first deuce, and everything looked OK.

We will see how the 120 mile drive home goes.

Pictures to come once it's in the drive way........home owners association is going to love this ;)

Last edited:

Coriolis2K

150 miles at 50 mph running at 2200 rpm........forgot hearing protection :(
made for a long drive, but I had a grin ear to ear! :driver:

The batteries I bought were too big to fit in the box, so Seth jumped the deuce for me and I left it running all the way home, including while I fueled up. Only gauges that worked on the drive home were tach and speedo, but when i made it home went back to NAPA and swapped out batteries for ones that fit and presto, ALL gauges work. Brakes were great, no issues at all.
Now i need to work on removing the siding and plywood to get back to a bare bed.

Looking forward to all the fun to come!
just a couple of quick pictures.

M35A2  139.jpg

M35A2  140.jpg