• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

let there be light

jmh4x4

finally got around to installing some of my finds from the aberdeen show last month.

Got the convoy lights up and running on saturday. I cant believe how easy they went together, at first the pile of parts was daunting. Everyhthing just kinda fell together. The convoy lights i got had strobes on them, but I picked up a pair of amber rotating lights and swapped them out. I'm still pondering what to do with the strobes :twisted:. I wired the convoy lights per spec. I do have to say the CAD wiring schematic on this site was awsome in guiding the way.

Today went about putting spot lights on the front for night driving and an interior light. I taped into the horn power feed for these and will operate the spot lights via toggle switch. ( the convoy light kit came with an extra jumper cable) I started to add two rear spot lights but I need to make some moutning brackets, that will be next weeks task.

Hope you all had a productive weekend!

Attachments

m109guy

Looks great.

I only had time to replace a primary fuel filter on the M35A2 this weekend, but it was better than nothing ;)

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
i put rear spot lights on my truck. they are nice. i used tractor and equipment lights with the rubber housings. mounting brackets were easy, i used 3/16" flatstock with 2 holes one for mounting the light and one that was for bolting to the truck at the bumperetts. powering them was easy. since they were 12v i went and wired them in series to handle 24v and instead of running a bunch of wire and switches i got a packard connection and lead wire from a junk truck and hooked it to to my lights. i then unhooked one of the wires on one side that works the black out lights and used it to power the spotlights. works pretty nice, i did this to both my trucks