• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lets charter a ship take a Hawaii vacation with dueces

nickd

Hmmmmmmmmm.... lets pick up the trucks and leave the wives in Hawaii! Just kidding. If the truck is cheap enough the route may be ship to Ca and rail car to a final destination.

Elwenil

Re: RE: Lets charter a ship take a Hawaii vacation with duec

steelsoldiers said:
Book our next adventure here: http://www.freighterworld.com/ :D
Sorry Chris, this just about kills that idea:
There is currently no passenger-carrying freighter service to or from Hawaii to North America, or to Alaska.
And there are some strange things that go on on-board a freighter:
Informality reigns on freighters. Passengers are not required to dress for meals.
:shock:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: Re: RE: Lets charter a ship take a Hawaii vacation with

Wow, that's freaky Lanty!!

"Hey, get your parts off the salad bar you weirdo!"

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: Lets charter a ship take a Hawaii vacation with duec

steelsoldiers said:
PS, what's up with the bed cages?
Courtesy of Knucklehead, from this post:

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=8699&highlight=cage

The cages are a kit made during the late 60s through the early 70s for riot control. A buddy of mine has one that he bought from GSA about 25 years ago. It is new and still in the crate. If I remember it was stenciled Kit,, Riot Control... The National Guard would toss the unruely demonstrators into the cage and truck them to the police station. If I can get my buddy to dig up the kit I will get the numbers. If he can remember where it is.

area52

I looked into buying a truck from HI a few years ago, checked all around for shipping to Los Angeles or the Bay area. It was around $4,000 per truck was the cheapest I could find. Mainly because the trucks will not fit into a container so they have to put "on deck" and not stacked 15 high like everything else.

jasonjc

After picking up in HI can we swing by Iraq and load up some stuff there too. Then just off load on the east caost??

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Bruce Kubu has had a truck shipped frm HI.

Elwenil

Hmmm, I wonder if there wouldn't be some rust issues on the trucks from Hawaii?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I was a big dealer, I'd get a shop down close to base, bid and win the stuff, bring it to the shop, strip it, put it in a conex, send it to the main shop on the mainland...... Somehow I gotta think Memphis or someone is already doing that....

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I volunteer to run the shop in HI for you E22!

Riots, in HI, interesting. I figured everyone over there was always happy or drunk or both. I would be with that weather. My buddy lives on the big island. He is a project supervisor for a construction company. He has a nice dive boat and enjoys diving when he ain't working. That no good so and so!!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I took the Better Half to Hawaii for our 20th anniversary (seems loooonger than that) last August. We rented a car and drive around the island just checking out the scenery (saw where they film "Lost") and shooting pics.
Saw Pearl Harbor and the Arizona.
Rust is an issue. I saw lots of civy trucks and cars that looked like they had been in yankee winters.
If you are active military, reserve, guard or retired you can stay at one of the military resorts that they have on some of the islands. The rates are a lot lower than commercial rates. Air fare will kick your butt unless you book in advance or have frequent flyer miles.

N1265

I probibaly should not tell you guys this , And I dont want to seem like I am bragging, But.......

I was stationed in Hi. for 3 yrs in the mid 80s. a real good buddy of mine made a few friends on the island of OAHU and we can get and stay there for a week at a time for about $400. We even have a plane at our disposal so we can go to the other islands.....

No, I cant help you out :(

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
N1265 said:
I probibaly should not tell you guys this , And I dont want to seem like I am bragging, But.......

I was stationed in Hi. for 3 yrs in the mid 80s. a real good buddy of mine made a few friends on the island of OAHU and we can get and stay there for a week at a time for about $400. We even have a plane at our disposal so we can go to the other islands.....

No, I cant help you out :(
That's right, rub it in... :p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks