• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lexington KY

grounded

Banned
IS there anymembers with a deuce or bigger and preferably winch truck south of Lexington KY that will be able to help me get a truck loaded on my drop deck on monday. IT doesnt run, and will have to be pushed drug on. I plan on detaching my 818 and using it but if someone is around that can give me a hand im willing to pay for your time just incase i need a hand getting it loaded.

Just off exit 76 off I-75 south of lexington KY. will be loading monday morning.

thanks
craig

grounded

Banned
bump. even if you dont have a MV and are willing to help or ride shotgun let me know. ill compinsate for your time. IF not ill be doing this alone ;). To bad cant recover on weekend.

sgtrisk

I guess you're headed back to OH with it? I'll actually be in eastern NC this weekend, and Monday. But I have to be back at work on Tuesday. Can't do it early, eh?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd do a road trip with you to help if I were not scheduled for a going away lunch Monday. I'd take the day off.

:-(

dk8019

What's the time frame, as in when are you arriving etc? I've already taken Monday off, but I promised friends I would help them move their stuff out of their apartment. If your pickup is early AM, I could meet you in Cinncy off an exit somewhere, ride down for the recovery, and then just have you drop me back at my car on the way back north.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you use the 818 to push the truck on the trailer, be careful the front of the trailer dosen't come up off the ground.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's why I wanted to go. I could stand on the front of the trailer and keep it down for him.

Hmmm, maybe I'm not quite that big........ ;-)

grounded

Banned
well stretch im using a 270 trailer so we know that is not going to happen. If anyone knows what a 270 is the tandems are at the VERY VERY back of the trailer.

As far as what time im going down i plan on going down very bright and early ;) probly leave here around 5am. I will leave at the crack of dawn since its cooler out and try to get threw cincy before that dreaded 9am traffic lol.

dk8019

Grounded, let me touch base with my moving friends and see exactly when they need me. If you are headed down to Berea area, and leave Defiance around 5, that puts you there around 11 or so? Then it's a couple hours back Cincinatti, right?

grounded

Banned
Im going to shiloh (sp) to borrow lances (JPCJ-7) trailer tomorrow, then take it down to our farm so im not back tracking. I will be leaving our farm thats between dayton and lima ohio. I will be 110 miles from cincy, 250 miles from berea. Plan is to be down in berea between 9-10am. Should hit cincy about 7-7:30 am

West im taking gimpys overgrown towbar just incase some other things need to be done. Either way ill get it on the trailer. Hey we will be in KY so its all normal anyways down there aint it. LOL

grounded

Banned
THIS is the exact reason i need to get out to Westfolks to get my winch kit, plus then also get me a drag winch on back of my 818. SO i never have these issues no more ;)

dk8019

Well it looks like they need me first thing in the morning, seems they want to get headed out to their new place in VA ASAP. Good luck with the recovery.

grounded

Banned
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yes ;) now i just need a double ended PTO to put on the truck to run it. Im so glad your able to spend my money for me rofl

Figures i have ONLY one truck that dont have a winch. SEE people this is a reason no matter what it is you get a winch. ;)

grounded

Banned
if you need some one to ride along ill go:-D
Lets roll. ;)

worst case scenerio i have talked to Sgtrisk but he would have a couple hour drive to meet me and would hate to make the man drive that far to lend a hand. but MAN SS sure is helpful.

Ill pm you my contact info and well see if it can work out ;)

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Do you have a spare gas motor with a side shaft? You "could" hook this up to the front of the trailer and power it off a small motor...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks