• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

license for deuce in ohio

kipman

Any body out there who has bought a truck from GL and licensed it in the state of Ohio, any help would be great, thanks Kipman

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Ohio

I went this route. Ran with just the painted numbers for a while, a cop gave me grief over it. Had a copy of the law in the truck, he didn't care. Got the plates on the truck also now.

Dennis

m35a2cowner

extensions

Kipman, just have the one, its yours if you want it. Also, did you check out the kit MilTrucks had? He is in your neck of the woods just off the bypass.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: extensions

If you're going to use it as a "daily driver," they'll (Ohio BMV), will require commercial plates. Those are around $135.00 per year. If you want it for parades, personal enjoyment and functions, then get the "Historical" plates. The one-time fee of about $45.00 is good for 50 years, unless you get personalized plates. Personalized will cost you $35.00 per year.

ALSO! Ohio will want a title!!! GL doesn't give you the form needed, so they will "create" a title from another state. In my case, they created a Florida title. Once I had that, I went down for a quick, "out-of-state" inspection, and I was rolling. Not all that bad.

oilcan

RE: extensions

I went with the comm plates, because the classic/historical stuff was too restrictive for me. When you think about it the price isn't really that much more than a 1 ton pickup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks