• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Life Expectancy

Armada

What is the average life expectancy of a duece engine? :confused: Before needing a complete overhaul.
Providing it was not abused, PM'd at the required intervals, etc.

Lets say the 465LDT-1D for arguements sake.

JohnnyReb

I am not a diesel mechanic, but have some long term experience with deuces; my father used them in the 60's and 70's for logging and the engines held up in a fashion similiar to any other diesel. The biggest problem we had was with the sprag front ends.

Dieselsmoke

When I lived in Colorado there was a shop downtown that had a contract to rebuild deuce engines. He showed me many of the engines that they were going through and the only time they came in for an overhaul was when something major would happen such as running them out of oil or coolant. He also showed me the cylinder heads. They were cracked beyond belief. Hairline cracks everywhere, he told me that every single cylinder head on the multifuel was that way. They would simply clean them up and throw them back on as long as the cracks didnt enter a water jacket.

red devils dude

my best guess wuold be 5000hours under normal use thats what I use for diesel tractors
witch run like a deuce(2000-2600rpm for hours) but this is a guess

Desert Rat

Armada,
It all depends upon application. If you put heavy loads on the engine and run the heck out of it it will need an overhaul much sooner. Light applications like parades and such the engine should last forever.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks