• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lifetime Oil Filter

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't see a price, but IMHO a throw-away, paper-pleated oil filter works best for my CUCVs.

Too much trouble to wash that type of filter. You need a parts cleaner and compressed air (I have both in my shop) to get that nice and clean (but can be cleaned/dried by other methods too)...

I'll bet for what that re-useable filter cost, you could buy plenty of "regular" oil filters...

Last edited:

scoutmanadam

my father in law is a fleet mechanic and has seen all kinds of gimmicks over the years. and with his 35 years experience he still says a regular maintenance schedule, combined with good oil and a name brand filter will do all you need it to do.

ZackRidesRed

I had a similar product in a air cooled atv a few years back, the filter came out as clean as it went in. . . so I instaled it in my trash can:roll:

ryan77

There always coming out with some new gadget!!!! Im old school i like a paper filter that i can sh%t can when im done with!!!! Same with air filters i like a disposable one!!!!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The extent of the lifetime warranty is replacing the filter if you pay shipping cost . No coverage if it fails and toasts your motor . I'll stick with Baldwins .

jesusgatos

We use Scotts stainless steel mesh oil filters in our dirtbikes. As frequently as we change the oil in those things, the savings really add up. There's a lot of info about them available online. Wouldn't try to convince anybody that they're the end-all, but we like 'em.