• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lift Block Dimensions

shannondeese

What are the dimensions for the lift block when using M109 trailer springs to Bob a Duece. And where does everyone get thier U bolts for this application. Thanks.

Hammer

2 1/2" wide, to match the springs.
3 1/2" long to match the axle.

U bolts, someone local should be able to make them up for you.

Chinookpilot77

Since the trailer axle is round and the truck axles are square, is anyone using a block on the bottom of the U-bolts to better mate up to the truck axle? Not a lift block, but more of a space block so the U-bolts seat better....just curious.

Hammer

If you put the U bolts on with the nuts facing down, you can just reuse the bottom plate from the deuce axle. It will locate the U bolts, and fits the axle well.
Or just get the bottom plate from the deuce front axle, so you have mounts for the shocks.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is anyone using "store bought" lift blocks, or is everyone making their own?

Hammer

Even though I have some good lift block (the older SOLID ones), that would have worked well. I still made my own.
My reasoning is that I can weld my home made lift block to the axle. I also have tabs that extend down on the front and back of the axle (which is where I will weld them on). So they won't be able to move around like a normal lift block.

If you have the metal and tools, making the lift block is very easy, and will get you better results in the long run because of the added stability. MY 2 cents anyways.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks