• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lift Pump conundrum.

Gleeser

I recently acquired this 67' M35a2 and have been in the process of trying to get it running the last couple days.

There was no fuel up to the injectors so I started at the lift pump which is where I believe the initial problem lies. First off the fuse was blown on the pump. Got that fixed and put power to the pump. It cycles but doesn't move any fuel. I figured the screen was tarnished shut so I soaked it in chem-bath over night to clean that out.

After the bath I cleaned it all up and was hosing it off with brake-cleen. After that I blew it off with air and when I did the small plastic sleeve on top blew out and the ball (or whatever it was) went flying into the gravel. By some miracle I found the sleeve but whatever was underneath that is gone.

That's the problem at this point. What was in there? Was it just a steel ball or was it something special? Here's some pics. Hopefully they'll explain what I am talking about.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Attachments

Last edited:

dkeven

mine had a ball bearing there that seemed to be the spacing holder and friction point for the magnetic drive, put an airtex 24 volt inline fuel pump in and just use the pump as a pickup, Airtex 24 volt inline low volume at oreilly 70 bucks 1/2 od compression adapters 2 bucks done

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Can you get a pic farther back from the side? Is that the bottom half where the 4 philips-head screws were mounted?

Gleeser

Yeah, that's the bottom portion with the 4 short phillips screws. I can't get another pic till tomorrow. No lights over at the shop.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No worries. I'd say try to find a ball bearing and see if it will run. If not, you know where to get a new pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks