• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lift question for M1028.

suzukovich

My truck is in the shop. The fronts springs were sent out to be rebuilt due install new bushings. (Front end had to be rebuilt due to death wobble) Also for some reason they also thought the springs were shot due to the back end sitting higher. When the springs came back they had installed a add a leaf. Wasn't planning on lifting the truck but now front sits higher. I should assume that they will have to install 2in blocks in the rear to get the truck back to specs?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why did they think the springs were shot?
Did they tell you that's what they were doing or they just showed up like that?

New OEM type springs would have taken care of the issue for not much more $$ and already had new bushings in them.
Now that you will have to raise back of truck to match it will be roughly the same cost if you just would have installed new springs in the first place.

The add a leaf is usually done only when guys are running a snow plow.

I personally would not be happy they did that.

dstang97

The truck will sit perfect in my opinion. Lots of people add 2" lift springs to level out the truck and get rid of the rake. Add some nice 285 or 305 tires and you will have a cool looking truck.

86m1028

Not doubting your frt stock springs have sagged over the years but keep in mind
STOCK the truck sat rear high.
When they load it, it would sit just about level.
Also I think the shop should have run by you what they were doing before they did it, unless you just dropped it off & said "fix it".

Drock

Yeah I disagree with route the shop went. Chances are the 30+ year old springs are clapped out. Adding a leaf is only a band aid fix and will just make the front stiff as a board. It would have probably bin cheaper to just do a 2.5" lift kit. It definitely would be a better ride.2cents