• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lift

richingalveston

not sure at 2.5, you do need to if you go 4 inch. I would recomend 4 inch lift if you do any lift at all. 4 inches is the minimum for cross over steer. You may not want to do the cross over at this time but you will have the option in the future. You wont be able to notice the extra 1.5 inches and you cant add blocks to get there if you decide to do it in the future. You must have the 4 inch lift springs in the front to give you enough room for the pitman arm movement on the cross over steer. If you decide to wheel it alot, cross over steer is a must.

zaxcucv

I did a 2 front 2.5 back and did not need to change brake lines or anything else. They were tight, and they were worn, so I upgraded to longer stainless steel lines, but my mechanic said it was not necessary. I was starting to get some cracking in the lines so replacement made sense either way. Also, at 2.5 you don't need to mess with the driveshaft or the steering stabilizer. You may want to get the steering box reinforcement kit from ORD or a similar shop if you are going to offroad it, the steering box can be a weak link I'm told.

Croatan_Kid

Like they said, you don't have to, but it's always a good idea. A good set of stainless braided hoses will firm up your brake pedal too and make them (the brakes) work and feel even better than they already do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks