• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lifting New Multifuel Out Of M1028A1

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did a little horse trading with the local crane co to get my new LDT-465-1C out of the back of the M1028A1.

Attachments

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Traded 4 military surplus extreme cold down sleeping bags and a couple parkas. His brother may be interested in buying my 1970 SS-396 El Camino as well.

BTW - Was originally going to cost $200, Then we got to talking and he ended up asking if I'd be willing to trade for some items. Great guy - had a good time. He and his family are into building rods & muscle cars, muscle cars have been a passion of mine for over 30 years.

David_4x4

Nice :D

I'm fortunate to have friends in the Wrecker Service/Heavy Equipment rentals and sales. So I'll atleast have a help out if I can't figure out how to get my stuff moved around on my own.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Man, that is some clean equipment

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When is that motor going in the M275A2 Kevin? It all looks excellent. You have a very clean motorpool Sir!

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys,

Devin, you've got some pretty cool stuff that I like as well. Hows the D-2? I think my collection is complete.

DFN, The CUCV is actually an M1028A1 shelter carrier. There are few differences, if I tried to list them, I wouldn't get them all. The A1 gives it an NP205 tranfer case. I believe there's an extra overload spring in the back. The CUCV folks could really nail the diferences quick.

David_4x4, Thanks, Yes it's good to have friends and to be able to help friends. Hopefully I can rely on West Side Crane in future as well.

Clinto, Thanks, the trick is to keep that way. (doesn't mean it won't get used)

Ken, Probably looking at an Oct, Nov install. Would really like to do an air-shift at the same time so we'll see (The sprag bound up and almost broke my arm). Would like a winch on it like yours as well. Air shift would be easier to do when new engine goes in. Winch can get done anytime. Yes Sir, clean, serviceable equipment is good.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I unfortunately just sold the D2. I figured it wasnt practical for my culdesac track home. I dont have anywhere to drive it without tearing up the street. It is now in Texas with a Caterpillar collector who's finishing the restoration. I got to "drive" it one time as it was being winched up onto the trailer, I had to use the steering brakes and clutches to keep her straight and centered. :cry:

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Devin - I understand, I first drove an International TD-9 dozer at the age of 10, been in my blood ever since. When I last saw you, you said that you thought it was going to go. My condolances.

Mick - Bought it from Alfa Heaven - I have a sick Multifuel in my M275A2, lots of blow-by, low on power. The blow-by is the key for me, could cost more to repair than buy another engine. The one I bought only has about 100 hrs on it since new, according to the hr meter. Never rebuilt.

Paid $2500 for engine, talked to Ken (recovery 4x4) before I bought it, he gave me the names of a few dealers he knew of. We were both surprised to learn that prices have climbed significantly. Devin said he knew of engines for maybe $500, but a new engine sounded like the best route. Any other engine for me would have had shipping costs as well. Mine cost me extra fuel.

Jack's Gov Surplus down in Tucson wants $3500 for his Multifuels, he has nice take-outs. I'll have Jack do the labor on mine anyway. His shop rate is $40 per hr, can't beat that, unless you can do it yourself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks