• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Light Switch on Horn Come On ???

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I picked up my M1097R1 from IP yesterday, today I began trying to figure out all the faults, I am going to make an individual post for each issue. When I turn on the light switch the horn comes on and stays on, wondering if anyone else has had this happen ? I am going to test the horn switch tomorrow, just thought I would ask first.

Thanks

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Instead of a post for every little issue it would be better to start a "project" thread and add to it as you go along.
Good luck with your R1!

Thunderbirds

So I picked up my M1097R1 from IP yesterday, today I began trying to figure out all the faults, I am going to make an individual post for each issue. When I turn on the light switch the horn comes on and stays on, wondering if anyone else has had this happen ? I am going to test the horn switch tomorrow, just thought I would ask first.

Thanks
Sounds like a shorted wire. The horn only works if you turn on the service lights, that is intentional and meant to avoid accidentally sounding the horn, bright lights, turn signals, or any other observable signals in "blackout conditions" or when you absolutely need to stay quiet and dark in combat situations.

EDIT:

Could also be a stuck horn button.

Welcome to the forum.

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for the replies, I pulled the horn button and discovered the horn brush wire had pulled away from the horn button and was grounding to the column. I slid a piece of shrink tube over the connection, shrunk and re installed. I also sprayed some silicone spray in there to help prevent the wire binding, all good now.

Thank you again for the replies, much appreciated.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thank you for the replies, I pulled the horn button and discovered the horn brush wire had pulled away from the horn button and was grounding to the column. I slid a piece of shrink tube over the connection, shrunk and re installed. I also sprayed some silicone spray in there to help prevent the wire binding, all good now.

Thank you again for the replies, much appreciated.
Great work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks