• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lighting problem has me stumped!

Ironman Roger

I am a new member to this group and the amount of information available here is really wonderful. I have been a collector of mid 50' F100 pickups for years but that military bug bit me awhile back and I picked up my first M37. Wow, I just luv this truck! I drove one of these years ago when I served in Nam and I am truly proud to be sitting in one again. Now, my problem is this - I have absolutely no lights that work on this truck. I have checked power going into and out of the circuit breaker. Power is good. Wire #15 going into the harness is hot. I have checked my TM for info on the box mounted under and grounded to the glove box. I know that this box has the wires for the light switch connected to it. What function does this box service? Any help that someone can give me on this problem is very much appreciated. Proud to be a member of the Steel Soldiers!

zout

IR - at wire #15 was hot tested at the circuit breaker coming off the hot feed from the ign switch ?

The box is a distribution box. See connection F where the hot goes in - is there power there ?

If you have Hots going in and when the switch is powered up - your looking for Hot coming out of it - should also be powering up your dimmer switch as well.

Could be as simple as the light switch is ka put.

Ironman Roger

Thanks for the info and help guys. Am still working on those lights. Haven't had much time lately as it is maple syrup making time here in Wisconsin now. Will post again as soon as I can get back to working on the old gal!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks