• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ligth White Smoke At Idle And Black Smoke Between Shifting

WhoMe08721

Hey guys I am a first time MV owner and need a little help. I have had my first M35A2 for about 4 month now and it has ran great all the time, after changing all fluids, 2 oil filters, air filters, 3 new fuel filters, and put a new manifold gasket in. It has now just started to blow a light white smoke when idle (even when the motor is warm) and it started to blow large black smoke clouds between shifting gears. The truck still runs great I have no problems with it. I use the truck as a daily drive. It dose not feel like it has lose any power and when I take if off road on the weekend the truck climes and creeps through deep mud holes with no problems beside it need air lock which I plan on putting in the winter. The truck run great at high way speed of 60mph I just need a run way to get up to that speed. Sense I have had it, I have burned about a full tank a diesel every week in a half. Today when driving I was think it was one of the injectors maybe so when I got home I took the infrared thermometer gun to each exhaust port and look for cool cylinders, but they when all the same temperature.

Also the truck is a 1967 Turbo Muli-fuel LDT-465-1C

Thanks
Chris

rustystud

Do you have any weight in the truck ? Or do you drive empty all the time ? You don't have any good hills where you live, so I would get something heavy to put in the bed and drive it pretty hard for a day or two. These engines need to have a good load on them to make them happy. If they don't get that, they tend to burn a little oil and start to run a little rough.

Barrman

One of the early multifuel TM's actually said something along the lines of. If the truck is smoking, dripping, leaking, running eratic or just about anything else. Load to max gross weight and drive 100 miles. Then recheck to see if problem still exist.

These things like to be run hard.