• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV 1078 Simple Work Light Over The Toolbox Mod

Overdrive

Way too many projects going but I have been working on a couple of small mods and here is one....

I am somewhat of a light freak when it comes to work and area lights on my off-road vehicles. Added a little 10W LED work light on the underside of the passenger side antenna mount that is the perfect spot to light up the toolbox, hydro panel and spare tire area.
worklight_001.jpg

worklight_002.jpg

Seems like a great spot and is protected by the antenna mount. I used an existing hole in the mount.

The light is a little crappy 2" LED you can get all over the place. I got mine from Amazon (actually I have about half a dozen of these things and use them all over the place).

worklight_004.jpg
worklight_003.jpg
worklight005.jpg

Hope this is useful.

OD

Last edited:
Nice mounting spot and good idea. I am a bit of a light nut myself. I have added a bunch to my LMTV. Shown here in the red ovals. On the roof I have a 24" on each side then 6" lights on each corner and a 50" bar across the front. At each rear cab corner I have a 4" light mounted to the rubber/ plastic fender flare using an original mounting bolt and 2 12" lights mounted above the rear brake lights. I use this truck for plowing my driveway and hate having blind spots at night. With this light set up there is not one area of the truck that is dark at night.
Plow Truck2-1 Lights.jpg

buffalorunner

"Not one area of the truck that is dark at night" - MidnightDuramax

Probably not one area of your driveway, yard, and surrounding 100m of the truck that is dark with the lights on ;)

Really like the set up, looking to do the same myself after I mount the camper in the bed. I have Rigid lights on my jeep and "Amazon" lights on my Ranger. Was curious what brand you are using, and if you had a review of those lights.

I dont remember the brand if any really. They are cheap ones that I got off ebay. They seem to be very bright and sturdy construction. I guess time will tell how they hold up. I want to say I only have about $200 into all of the lights.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks