• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lmtv CTIS PCU Solenoid PN

DeMilitarized

Does anyone have the part number or an eBay listing for the 3 solenoids on the pneumatic control unit under the passenger side kickplate? Not talking about the pressure transducer.

coachgeo

under kick panel is the solenoid for the engine cooling fan and the solenoid for the "in between" rear axle locker if you have the 6x6.

Can you shoot a pic of the three your referencing?

DeMilitarized

under kick panel is the solenoid for the engine cooling fan and the solenoid for the "in between" rear axle locker if you have the 6x6.

Can you shoot a pic of the three your referencing?
1F2C4DAE-477F-4488-B5EE-75E70CE0B35E.jpeg
The 5 gold colored cylinders are the solenoids that control the air valves in the pcu(should only be 3 but this pic is from a mtvr). The transducer is the black sensor looking connection on the front middle.

coachgeo

View attachment 890885
The 5 gold colored cylinders are the solenoids that control the air valves in the pcu(should only be 3 but this pic is from a mtvr). The transducer is the black sensor looking connection on the front middle.
ahhhhhh...... so your referring the ones "under the cover of CITS's PCU manifold" found under the kick panel...... as mentioned in below thread

Last edited:

DeMilitarized

ahhhhhh...... so your refering the ones "inside the box" under the kick panel...... as mentioned in below thread

Yes but looking for the part number for the solenoids. I know they are bad but can’t find them for sale anywhere.

coachgeo

Did more research... there is discussion in here that as I understand it none of those 3 work if there is not enough pressure in the wet tank. Common issue it seems. Folk have to turn the valve on the air compressor up a little more so the tank can get to 120lb? That pressure is when the solenoid by the tank then opens up power for the PCU to be operational system.

Don't see anything about anyone replacing them or the PCU itself even. (Pressure Control Unit's 3 solenoids)

what is making search hard is most internet things won't search by 3 letters... so when we write with military / mechanics slang-abbreviations we cut our own ability to search

DeMilitarized

Did more research... there is discussion in here that as I understand it none of those 3 work if there is not enough pressure in the wet tank. Common issue it seems. Folk have to turn the valve on the air compressor up a little more so the tank can get to 120lb? which is where they solenoid by the tank then opens up power for the PCU to be operational system.

Don't see anything about anyone repalacing them or the PCU itself even.
I swapped my parts truck solenoids in and it works now and they are open loop on volt meter. Definitely bad solenoid.

Ronmar

All of them, thats weird. @superman may have an idea, but nothing I have seen shows the solenoids as a discrete component. There are at least two manifold block variants used on the LMTV that I have seen and they use different style pilot solenoid assemblies to manipulate a small amount of air to open and close the large volume core valves inside the PCU manifold. The coils themselvs may be a fairly standard 24v solenoid coil, you would just need to find one with the right bore length and diameter to fit over the mount tube…

DeMilitarized

All of them, thats weird. @superman may have an idea, but nothing I have seen shows the solenoids as a discrete component. There are at least two manifold block variants used on the LMTV that I have seen and they use different style pilot solenoid assemblies to manipulate a small amount of air to open and close the large volume core valves inside the PCU manifold. The coils themselvs may be a fairly standard 24v solenoid coil, you would just need to find one with the right bore length and diameter to fit over the mount tube…
I have seen people replace the coils but idk what they are.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks