• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CO LMTV/FMTV/MTV commercial / personal

flatwerx

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How are you insuring your vehicle? Commercially or private/personal?
From what I've read, LMTV/FMTVMTV need a CDL for commercial but not personal, if I've read correctly.

I know we can register to an LLC in Montana. Curious on insurance.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
How are you insuring your vehicle? Commercially or private/personal?
From what I've read, LMTV/FMTVMTV need a CDL for commercial but not personal, if I've read correctly.

I know we can register to an LLC in Montana. Curious on insurance.
It is interesting how insurance works. My vehicles are mine in my name. The insurance company wrote the policy as a commercial policy. In North Carolina that was the best way and best priced way to insure my stuff. Definitely worth asking your agent...

flatwerx

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is interesting how insurance works. My vehicles are mine in my name. The insurance company wrote the policy as a commercial policy. In North Carolina that was the best way and best priced way to insure my stuff. Definitely worth asking your agent...
Did you need to get a CDL?
Chatting with my agent tomorrow about this. I'm also curious in having it registered to a Montana LLC (if I go that route) and having a CO insurance agent? 🤷🏽‍♂️

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Did you need to get a CDL?
Chatting with my agent tomorrow about this. I'm also curious in having it registered to a Montana LLC (if I go that route) and having a CO insurance agent? 🤷🏽‍♂️
No CDL Requirement in North Carolina if you are not "hauling for profit". If you are using these trucks for personal use definitely no special license required (here). I do have a Class A that I got forty years ago when I drove an over the road tractor.

flatwerx

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No CDL Requirement in North Carolina if you are not "hauling for profit". If you are using these trucks for personal use definitely no special license required (here). I do have a Class A that I got forty years ago when I drove an over the road tractor.
Thanks!
I imagine as long as it's not for profit, I should be good here in CO. Hope to find out more tomorrow. Was nervous on registering it with an LLC and having it looked at as commercial.

338ken

Gulfway no longer insures them. Travelers quit our market. Farm Bureau will not insure either. Our local State Farm agent is not much help. She does not think so but is sending my info to underwriting. I have had a class A with Tanker endorsement for 40- years and clean driving record. I had not dreamed it was going to be this hard to get insurance.

Lostchain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gulfway no longer insures them. Travelers quit our market. Farm Bureau will not insure either. Our local State Farm agent is not much help. She does not think so but is sending my info to underwriting. I have had a class A with Tanker endorsement for 40- years and clean driving record. I had not dreamed it was going to be this hard to get insurance.
My LMTV was easy to insure on a progressive commercial policy, roughly $550 a year…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks