• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV FMTV Transfer case output seals

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm removing my drive shafts to replace all the U joints and see that my rear transfer case out put is leaking. Found the part for front and rear # 2950336.
Anyone have a good source for these? I came a vender for $260 each but no picture and the description is not accurate.
Also has any replaced these and could give any helpful advise?

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm removing my drive shafts to replace all the U joints and see that my rear transfer case out put is leaking. Found the part for front and rear # 2950336.
Anyone have a good source for these? I came a vender for $260 each but no picture and the description is not accurate.
Also has any replaced these and could give any helpful advise?
That number doesn't cross to an NSN. What's your truck serial number?

Dan6x6

Hey Keith, after all your help with the aluminum wheel assistance and research, this is the least we can do for ya…

I’m actually on the process of replacing mine and just got sticker shock with Allison charging $229 per. After that I discover the cross reference part# A1205N2276 you will have endless options for this seals. I recently order mine from findit parts and got for $75 each… Well with that saving I also purchased all new ujoint for the project.

Here are some photos what Allison shipped that I returned.
Photo of my finditparts order with part number details and such. Best of luck on your project. Feel free to ping me if there’s anything I may be able to help out…

48f3bdbf-ea0f-4251-9b92-637b709c6cb1.jpegIMG_6531.jpegIMG_6532.jpegIMG_6533.jpeg

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for that great information. Fortunately after I removed my drive shaft and gave it a closer inspection it wasn’t the seal leaking it’s was coming from behind the nut. Yesterday I addressed that.

removed the nut and washer and discovered NO silicone and a steady drip seeping out between the splines. I couldn’t get it to stop dripping long enough to get it sealed up and Not wanting to drain the transmission I first tried packing it with grease that failed. So a little redneck hack I got some plumbers putty and rolled it out about 3/16” x about 6” long. Brake cleaned everything and real quickly packed the plumber putty in there. Cleaned the surfaces and it held long enough to get everything siliconed and reassembled. After 12 hours still dry.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks