• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV locked out

jack/ny

I have a 2002 LMTV A1. Locked out with no key, I do have a slim Jim, just not sure how to start. Worst case I guess I could pull the turret cover, then would probably need a new gasket. Please don’t ask how it happened.
Thanks

jack

coachgeo

force of habit..... you locked the doors. Not hard to do... that and not fully understanding the interior locks....

try slim jim..... otherwise.... pay the 60 to 100 bucks or more it cost to call a locksmith. Sometimes local police are bored and will slim jim things for you. Maybe even a tow company has a driver pretty good at using slim jims.

Lots of videos on youwytube about how to do it with string???

jack/ny

Kind of lucked out. One door was stuck, as I was climbing up to look in the door it opened.
I will need to pull the inside door skins off to investigate though. The outside handle on the driver side does nothing and it sounds like there is a loose rod inside the door. The doors have always been somewhat difficult to open in general.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Jack

coachgeo

Kind of lucked out. One door was stuck, as I was climbing up to look in the door it opened.
I will need to pull the inside door skins off to investigate though. The outside handle on the driver side does nothing and it sounds like there is a loose rod inside the door. The doors have always been somewhat difficult to open in general.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Jack
align your door hinges to save the handle(s) that is good. What leads to the door handles breaking is doors misaligned thus needing a bit of a tug.

themeec

Steel Soldiers Supporter
align your door hinges
Sorry to hijack the thread, but got any threads/docs you can recommend on this? Been thinking of a way to do this, since my passenger door is just a bit off, requiring a shove to get it to pop open.

coachgeo

Sorry to hijack the thread, but got any threads/docs you can recommend on this? Been thinking of a way to do this, since my passenger door is just a bit off, requiring a shove to get it to pop open.
pretty much same as any truck / car. search youtube for videos on say older fords and chevy's door adjustments..... ones where they basically just loosen hinges to adjust things to get the idea. Also there is some adjustment play in the locks mechanism on door jam and or door you can fiddle with to align the lock door and jam better.

Dont think jam is the right word for a vehicle but think you get my point.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks