• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV M1078 3D CAD Model on OnShape

smugglersLMTV

Does anyone still have access to this file? I signed up for onshape but it doesn't appear on there anymore. The google drive link appears to not work either

I just bought an m1079 and i desperately want to find a 3d model of it (or a m1078) so i can design out a camper in solidworks. Can anyone help me find a file? solidworks, step, iges or whatever.

Thanks!

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
Does anyone still have access to this file? I signed up for onshape but it doesn't appear on there anymore. The google drive link appears to not work either

I just bought an m1079 and i desperately want to find a 3d model of it (or a m1078) so i can design out a camper in solidworks. Can anyone help me find a file? solidworks, step, iges or whatever.

Thanks!
I have my 98 M1079 box sort of in SW. Message me an email. Not sure if I can share the file.

ramdough

ramdough - I PM'd you regarding the 1083 file.
I received several PM’s. I am not sure how I can transfer everything. I will try to give it a look later today. Work has my bogged down. If I can email it, that would be easiest, but it may be too big.

Just an FYI in the 1083..... it is the 1078 but I reused the axle twice and extended the frame (to my future length, longer than a 1083). You will have to shorten it and check dimensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have a Google account, it should be possible to post in on your drive there and share a link to it. If you don't, they are easy to set up. I'd be happy to set one up for you just to get this posted for people to use.

Let me know.

Chris

ramdough

If you have a Google account, it should be possible to post in on your drive there and share a link to it. If you don't, they are easy to set up. I'd be happy to set one up for you just to get this posted for people to use.

Let me know.

Chris
I will have to look tonight to see what options I have.

SLOREX

I will have to look tonight to see what options I have.

I sent you a PM would love to get the file as we are just purchasing a 1078. I can make any adjustments needed. If you send me the file via WeTransfer I can pay it here from my Google drive or drop box.

Phil

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

VertigoPilot

I moved from OnShape to Fusion 360. You can download the model here:
Very Cool!
I'll make good use of that model as a base for designing my first modular tiny overland cabin for my M1079/8. The cabin will be equipped with hydraulic ram landing gear to self-offload from the truck frame and lower onto foundation piers (helical piles) at remote locations, with unitized waterworks and sanitation processing on skids. Planning multiple modules to be configured in a cluster arrangement for wilderness off-grid recreational properties.

Jim
coastalmoderndwellings.com

Last edited:

B-Dog

I've been using SolidWorks for decades and with my upcoming retirement a choice of software is in the works.
Could you contact me about your experiences with Onshape vs Fusion??
Ohiobenz@gmail.com
Thanks.
I don't think you will have any problem learning Fusion. While I haven't used Fusion much myself, for arguments sake, it's the same as Inventor and I've bounced between Solidworks and Inventor a few times.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think you will have any problem learning Fusion. While I haven't used Fusion much myself, for arguments sake, it's the same as Inventor and I've bounced between Solidworks and Inventor a few times.
Fusion and Onshape are pretty simplistic if you're used to using SolidWorks or Inventor. Fusion is meant to be a little more technical CAD, and has built in CAM. Onshape is meant to be more like a CAD whiteboard, where you quickly whip up a model of an idea, and are left with something better than if you had used an actual whiteboard. It's pretty much like making a model using only SolidWorks' Instant 3D push/pull/drag tools.

I don't really care for either, but hey, the price is right... free. Of the two, I prefer Fusion to Onshape.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks