• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lmtv m1081

FloridaAKM

What is the finned connection under the hydraulic cab lock that the alternator cable leads go to & the cables come from the battery? There are several posts that the leads are all bolted to. The reason I ask is that the truck I have had the 24v lead come loose @ some time & it wore the threads off to where you could not tighten the leads back up! I have not found it in the TM's either!

FloridaAKM

That is it! I found a picture of it, but no explanation as to what it does! The top threaded post broke off while trying to remove the nut since it wouldn't tighten down!

FloridaAKM

I fixed the issue with the broken post, now there is the matter of electrically testing the unit to make sure it is working as designed! Seems like the Army mechanics liked to take stuff apart, but not put it back together on this truck!

Lmtv772

Banned
I fixed the issue with the broken post, now there is the matter of electrically testing the unit to make sure it is working as designed! Seems like the Army mechanics liked to take stuff apart, but not put it back together on this truck!
That's how they usually do it and I am thankful for it. It shows the next person handling the truck what was done before and what was taken off. You are supposed to do your PMCS anyway, so you'd find all the lose ends :)

FloridaAKM

While I am @ it, can you get the brake caging bolts & nuts @ NAPA. Seems some soldier needed them more for another issue than me & took all 4 bolts & nuts off the rear axel & kept them before turning in the truck!

Answer: Yes, NAPA has the caging tools (bolts) for $6.00 each..........10 minimum purchase!!!!

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

Okay, tested the charging system after the repair to the reverse polarity relay. All is good & the system is charging as designed. Now back to the air leaks....

FloridaAKM

NAPA shows no availability of the valves or repair kits on any of the air brake systems made by Haldex for these trucks. What is plan "B" for those of us with air brake problems with these valves?