• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Pre-Purchase Inspection

aleigh

Going to look at a LMTV (to buy) this weekend. I've read a lot of the threads here, and the TMs. Otherwise my knowledge is theoretical. I have experience with Unimogs, and, I am mechanically inclined (building jeeps and working on cars, etc).

Looks like the truck was bought via GP out of NC, shipped out here to Phoenix, then got another 700 miles put on it or so. Truck is said to run well. Truck was in decent shape when it came out of GP as far as their inspection report goes.

Guy seems to own some deucen - maybe even a member here ??

My question is, are there any LMTV specific things I should look for? Certainly fluids, rust, weird noises, it builds air, cab tilts, moves, stops, etc - beyond that. I am local - this would not be a long distance recovery.

Very excited to join the community, but don't want to let that excitement get the better of me!

Thanks!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like you got it covered. Check the road draft tube for excessive engine blowby. If the truck runs out good up and down the highway, the fluids look clean, and no funny noises, there should be no surprises.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good! The shackles you seem to be missing are standard 9 1/2 ton lifting shackles. Red River Parts can supply you a new windshield if that brutal scratch cannot be polished out.

MaiNiaK

Everyone with the green disease knows the secret hand shake, so it's no secret.

Find a good source for parts, pull out your wallet and place all your money in your hand, now shake thier hand. The hardest part is letting go of the money.

Nice looking truck..
Welcome to steelsoldiers